- A new collection of stock images on knife crime have been launched in an effort to reduce the use of graphic and sensationalised images in the media of young people. The project, named ‘Taking Stock’, involved co-designing the images with young people with experience of offending. Young people looked at images currently used to portray […]
- The last decade has seen the theory of resilience gain increasing traction as a way of generally explaining why some young people fare better than others. Often seen as a buzzword, the theory of resilience is used to describe how some young people can endure ‘toxic stress,’ caused by living with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). […]
- Since our last blog, we’ve made lots of progress in the stock images project. In November, we ran three workshops with young people in HMYOI Polmont and the Good Shepherd Centre. The young people represented a mix of ages, backgrounds and experiences. This mix meant the young people had lots to discuss and had different […]
- As part of National Youth Work Week 2018, we are celebrating by highlighting the youth work elements that are at the heart of our prevention approach.
- Jane talks about our newest resource focused on secondary prevention work.